Blogging My Way To China!

Enjoy my blog as our family prepares for the arrival of our third child, Nevin Yumeng, from Baotou, Inner Mongolia in the People's Republic of China.



There are 145 million orphans in our world....





Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

10 Days To Go!

Today, I am so tired I could curl up on the couch and sleep away the day.  Hard to do with a two year old jumping on my head.

My Mom stopped over today (still can't believe she's back in the land of the living...) and brought me some salads and sandwiches. Something I wasn't expecting, but she wanted to pay me back for the homemade tapioca and egg salad  I brought to her in the hospital during her comeback.  It's become a hospital tradition with my Mother and I. Almost an inside joke now, really.  It was a nice lunch and visit.

So on my To-Do list today?  Pretty easy actually-- I'm wrapping and labelling some gifts for the kids tonight.  I bought a little present to open for just about every day we are away. Yesterday, I wrapped all the gifts bound for China.  It is a custom in China to exchange small gifts, so I decided to wrap some of my CD's I cut in 2003 (wow that seems like ages ago now...) in red tissue paper and gold ribbon-- two of the most desired colours in China.  I will give these to the Nannies, guides, etc.  It looked like Christmas on my kitchen table.  The kids were curious and wanted to help, but were really in the way.  So I took a long piece of red tissue for each of them, cut a small strip of ribbon, taped it on, got a bingo dabber from the craft bin and made a big "H" and a big "D" on the tissue paper. Voila!  Two Super Heroes with red capes!  They ran around the house looking for helpless parents and house pets to rescue from fires, stranded in trees, and other creative mayhem!  It bought me lots of time to finish wrapping and do a little packing. 

The Super Heroes made an encore appearance this morning at breakfast. Blessed be the inventors of tissue paper and bingo dabbers. 

Maybe tonight I'll be so tired, I might actually fall asleep without thinking too much.  One can only hope.

No comments: