Blogging My Way To China!

Enjoy my blog as our family prepares for the arrival of our third child, Nevin Yumeng, from Baotou, Inner Mongolia in the People's Republic of China.



There are 145 million orphans in our world....





Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

The Friends We Make Along The Way

Sleep is becoming scarce these last few evenings for David and I.  With minds racing, imaginations running wild, and ticking off to-do lists in my head, we are finding ourselves waking frequently and restless.  Eleven more days...so much to do!

And we aren't the only ones--last evening I made contact with a family from Renfrew, Ontario who are adopting through our agency, and we are travelling together!  In fact, we are thrilled that we are flying on the same flight to China and back. They are flying down from Ottawa and we'll hook up at the airport for lunch.  They are adopting a little boy from a different province than Nevin.  So we'll fly into Beijing together, part ways to our sons' provinces, and meet back in Beijing the week after.  And there are three other families in our travel group as well. They arrive the day before so I imagine they maybe waiting to greet us at the hotel when we arrive. 

I look forward to meeting these families and their children.  I think its so important to help nurture the roots of our kids. 

Hohhot is where we will be travelling to receive Nevin.  I had wondered why not go right to Baotou, but I realized last night Hohhot is the capital of Inner Mongolia, and is where all the official documents, passport etc will be completed for Nevin before we can leave for Beijing.  As it turns out, a couple I met on a yahoo group adopting specifically from Inner Mongolia will be in Hohhot the very same time as us.  In fact,  her son is only a few days older than Nevin and from the very same orphanage.  Its most likely our boys are playmates, so I really want to maintain contact with that family.

In eleven days, there is a little guy in Baotou who has no idea a family from another country will be coming for him, and taking him away from everything he has known, and bringing him home to a new life.  My heart bleeds for him, bursting with love yet aches for his loss.  I hope I will be a good Mummy.

2 comments:

Christy and Kevin said...

We can not wait to get to Hohhot, and meet up with you! I too plan to have a lasting friendship and keep our boys in touch! I think this is fabulous that all of the families can meet in China & in the IM group to maintain a connection to keep our kiddos linked together through the years to come. Sometimes I frown on technology, but if it were not for the internet we would not have all made any connections prior to our journey to China! See you very soon. I cannot wait to get on the plane next Tues, and then I will be so impatient by the time Gotcha Day comes on the 13th since I will be so close to Keaton knowing I have to wait a few more days! I know you share this anxiety too for Nevin. It will not be long until we get to our sweet little boys!

Unknown said...

I know you and David will make fantastic parents, you both have the love, patiance and understand that little Nevin will need, I wish the very best for you and your new friends who you will meet in China, I hope you will have an experience of a life time, seeing so much culture and history but how exciting it will be on Gotcha Day, I cant imagine but look forward to meeting and loving a new little relative.