Blogging My Way To China!

Enjoy my blog as our family prepares for the arrival of our third child, Nevin Yumeng, from Baotou, Inner Mongolia in the People's Republic of China.



There are 145 million orphans in our world....





Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Three Pancake Sundays To Go!

The days are starting to pick up speed in their passing to our travel day.  Yesterday was my Mom's birthday so we planned a lovely dinner at one of our favourite local restaurants- The Olympia Gardens in Penetanguishene-- Mediterranean and Greek Food DELISH!  My brother and sister in law and one of my Mom's best friends joined us for dinner and we all had tickets to see Tap Dogs at The King's Wharf Theatre.  What a great show! Having some elements reminiscent of Stomp, but all Tap. It was a perfect evening.

I had spent the day at an estate auction just in town-- one of my favourite hobbies.  I came away with some antique books (no surprise there...) for my husband's collection. There were a couple of nice treasures in the pile and I'm sure we'll have fun researching them.  Didn't find any antique children's books this time (my niche).  I love everything about an auction including the people that attend them.  That's half the fun!  And of course, the auctioneer provides most of the entertainment with his quirks and anecdotes.  Always good candor. I had bumped into some old family friends and proudly showed off pictures of Nevin I had stored on my iPhone.  Sheer excitement ran through me with the reality of just how soon we are going to China.

Saturday, my four year old son had the notion to go camping in the yard.  So my husband set up the tent near the fire pit, and we set up all the sleeping bags. I brought an armful of my daughters stuffed animals and dollies, and a bag of marshmallows to the "camp site".  It went quite well for an impromptu camp out, really. My daughter ended up coming in the house to sleep in her own bed around 9:30pm, but Daddy and Dylan slept out in the tent all night.  I heard them come in the house just before 7am.  Daddy thoroughly enjoyed the "guy" time spent with his son....a proud Daddy moment.

This morning was pancake Sunday-- a weekly tradition here at the Campbell house.  I have made pancakes from scratch with real maple syrup every single Sunday (with the exception we are away) since I can remember. It made me think-- after today, only three more pancake Sundays until we go to China.  Just can't wait! I wonder if they make pancakes in China? Nevin, sure hope you'll like Mummy's pancakes!

No comments: