Blogging My Way To China!

Enjoy my blog as our family prepares for the arrival of our third child, Nevin Yumeng, from Baotou, Inner Mongolia in the People's Republic of China.



There are 145 million orphans in our world....





Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

tick tick tick

I spoke with our travel person at the agency today, and the plan is we are going to wait one more day to see if our letter comes from the Ministry of Ontario tomorrow.  With that information, we should know if we are China bound in September or October (we are praying for September).

Good news is that Air Canada dropped its airfare today for September and October travel!  More money to shop, I say!

Today the heat has been suffocating here.  I filled up the little pool for the kids, turned on the sprinkler before 9am.  I left mid-morning to get Uncle Brian his birthday gift, and stopped at the dollar store to get the kids some loot and travel stuff.  I am planning to put together a big loot bag for both of the kids filled with crayola, colouring books, toys, chocolate, and many of their favourite things while we are away.  I was going to give it to them the night before we leave, but I thought it might be fun to send them on a scavenger hunt with the grandparents...leave little notes with hints and pictures. They love those kinds of things...especially if there is chocolate at the end of it!

Now, I'll try to get some sleep tonight and see what tomorrow brings. Breathe.

No comments: