Blogging My Way To China!

Enjoy my blog as our family prepares for the arrival of our third child, Nevin Yumeng, from Baotou, Inner Mongolia in the People's Republic of China.



There are 145 million orphans in our world....





Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

September It Is!

After a few days of nail biting and restless sleeps, our Letter Seeking Confirmation and other important documents from the Ministry were delivered via Purolator just after lunch, and not a second too soon!  Talk about cutting it close!

It was sent off today via rush courier to Beijing-- phew!

Our flights are officially booked- departing September 10 and returning September 23.  David pointed out that this will be the second time since 9/11 that we will have flown on 9/11.  We came back from St. John, New Brunswick on 9/11 in 2006 when I sang at the Canadian Country Music Awards, Song Writer's Circle. Dylan was just crawling then and only 10 months old.  So much has changed in 4 years.  Dylan starting Senior Kindergarten and Heather starting Nursery School. And in six weeks we will be holding our third child.

So I went out and bought a fine bottle of wine to celebrate tonight.  I visited Chateau des Charmes in Niagara on the Lake on my birthday and tried an Aligote. Although it always makes me think of Cirque de Soleil, it was a beautiful wine I had never heard of.  I had initially went to the wine store looking for one of my favourites--Mission Hill Winery but sadly, they did not stock it.  But I did see a French Jaffelin Bourgogne Aligote.  None of the staff had tried it, but I thought since there is only one particular vineyard in Ontario that can grow Aligote, this has to be good.  I'll let you know how I enjoyed it.

So, this evening, I will raise a glass of Aligote, and David will raise a glass of Malbec and toast to Nevin and our departure to China in six weeks!

4 comments:

Christy and Kevin said...

Yeah!! Big hug to you both!! We may cross paths it we ever get our Travel Approval! Should be leaving in late August. I will toast to bringing Nevin home too with my glass of wine also!!!

Millie said...

Wow, that is great news! Congrats on the TA!! Can't wait to see pictures Nevin!
Take care and keep posting!!

Tracey said...

Congrats! Love hearing the news of TAs arriving as we anxiously await ours for our Baotou cutie as well. Can't wait to follow your journey!

Nichole and Craig said...

Awesome news, Have fun packing. 8-)