Blogging My Way To China!

Enjoy my blog as our family prepares for the arrival of our third child, Nevin Yumeng, from Baotou, Inner Mongolia in the People's Republic of China.



There are 145 million orphans in our world....





Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Why No Post?

You'd think that with just a little over two weeks until travel date I might have been posting a bit more lately. 

Near tragedy hit our family hard last week.  We nearly lost my Mother on Thursday. Thankfully, my brother found her in what appeared to be a stroke.  The next day the internist was talking permanent brain stem damage. I cannot explain the terror my family went through.

However!

Three days after the incident, she began to rally somewhat. From being in a state where she didn't know her children, to acknowledging us, and showing some emotion. To today-- the doctor releasing her from ICU into a regular ward...and her watching Paranormal Activity on a portable DVD player.  She is nearly fully recovered and no permanent brain damage, confirmed by MRI.

It wasn't a stroke, but poor perfusion due to renal failure and low blood pressure = poor blood supply and oxygen to the brain.  She's been through several major medical catastrophes this past year, and I am amazed by her strength.  I thank the stars and the higher power, the doctors and nurses for this one for sure!  It just wouldn't have been right if she didn't meet Nevin.

Now we can focus on our trip, and finish the small details before we go. 

Two weeks and two days!

4 comments:

Nichole and Craig said...

Sorry to hear about your Mom. I am glad she is on the mend and will have the opportunity to meet her grandson in a few weeks.

Christy and Kevin said...

I am sorry to here this about your mother. We will keep her in our prayers and that her condition continues to improve. My husband's grandmother has been very sick over the past month and we want greatly for her to meet her first great grandchild soon. She also is a strong lady and keeps fighting to get well. Hope to see you in China.

Anonymous said...

Auntie Kelley was trying to figure out this whole blog stuff and read your entries when your dear neice passed by the computer to see what "Mommy doing?" she pointed directly at Nevin's picture and said who's that boy? I said thats Auntie Darcy's new baby, your cousin Nevin. "My cousin?? a baby?Nevin? he cute" I think its love for her!!!!

Anonymous said...

WAITING FOR NEVIN..... HOW EXCITING!
I can't wait. Darcy and David I am so happy for you. Your hearts probably hurt with excitment and angst to go and get your boy.

Darc as for your Mom, holy.. I wish her the best and hope she is on the mend to meet her new grandson.

Take care