Blogging My Way To China!

Enjoy my blog as our family prepares for the arrival of our third child, Nevin Yumeng, from Baotou, Inner Mongolia in the People's Republic of China.



There are 145 million orphans in our world....





Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Working Out The Kinks and Glitches

Three more sleeps! And only two more days to tidy up the last minute details.  I'm having some issues with my internet server here out in God's country-- where we are surrounded by over 200 acres of farm and a satellite connection that provides 1mbps measly download speed.  They are having technical issues with several of their websites. Get this!  Air Canada .com and .ca and Skype!  So I can't get on the websites to check my flight status nor can I Skype properly!  I'm sorry server, but you can come and get your outdated dish equipment cause I'm switching as soon as I get back from China.  (notice how I omitted the swearies...this is a family blog).

Tomorrow, I'll bring my laptop up to my Dad's place to check out the connection with his DSL to make sure that is indeed the problem.

So, with that aside, I scored a bit of a jack pot (which I am returning....) with the bank today.  I went to get my Chinese Yuan I ordered and my travelers cheques. When I got home I discovered there were extras cheques in my envelope to the sum of $600!  I called the bank when I made the discovery but they were already closed. I left a message for our Assistant Manager to call me in the morning.  Big oops for the bank.

Tomorrow, Dylan heads back to Senior Kindergarten, of which he is bursting with excitement!  We'll take him to school on Friday and say goodbye (oh dear) and take Heather to my Dad's and say goodbye (oh dear x2). 

Then its off to the airport!  I can't wait to get there and meet our friends from Renfrew who will be joining us on the flight to China.  We plan on meeting for lunch, which will help the three hour wait go by as I'm sure we will have plenty to talk about.

Tomorrow, its back to the bank and return the bonus $600 (how did that happen anyway?) and if it doesn't rain, I'll hop on my little John Deer lawn tractor and tear up the yard.  Then I'll take Heather for a ride around the property-- she loves her tractor rides! 

My last post will be Thursday night to say goodbye, and hopefully, if all goes as planned, I will be posting when we arrive Saturday night in Beijing-- which will be morning for you. 

Tonight, I'm thinking of Keaton's Mummy and Daddy who are leaving for China in the morning.  We will be meeting them in Hohhot on the weekend! Safe trip Kevin and Christy!  And many warm thoughts to Cadence's family who are there now! You'll be home soon Stacy!

No comments: