Blogging My Way To China!

Enjoy my blog as our family prepares for the arrival of our third child, Nevin Yumeng, from Baotou, Inner Mongolia in the People's Republic of China.



There are 145 million orphans in our world....





Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

HOME AT LAST!

What a journey its been! But I must declare, there's no place like home!

The great wall was wonderful. When we finally made it back to hotel, my pace quickened as I knew this would be our last night in China. 

The three of us slept well-- actually slept in a bit,. Our day began with hearts racing for the big day ahead.  We had breakfast, took a leisurely walk outside.  Walking outside is no walk in the park-- for fear of traffic, and I had enough of the odors emitting from the sewers.  I was yearning for the smell of our farm. We headed back to the hotel to pack.

The day went by quickly as did the wait to board the plane.  I would have lost a hundred dollar bet leaving the runway in Beijing....I didn't cry once.  I was a little teary in the airport mind you, when a young Asian guy was strumming his guitar one aisle over from us. The sound of his guitar (pardon the pun here...) struck a cord in my heart.  I started to sing Leaving On A Jet Plane to Nevin and got a little choked up.

The flight was perfect, as was Nevin.  He was such a good boy, and slept from 9:30 straight through until we had to wake him up to land.  He was so patient, and so sweet.  And I did have a good little cry when we land on the runway at Pearson.  HOME! HOME!HOME!!! I couldn't wait to step off on to Canadian turf!

I welcomed Nevin home and smothered him with kisses.

My Dad met us at the airport, and it was so wonderful to see him. As was introducing him to his new grandson.

We were on the 401 around 8pm and stopped at Tim Hortons.  We let Nevin burn off a little steam as we still had a good hour drive home. He cried almost all the way to Barrie and then fell asleep. Pulling into our driveway held as much excitement as it did leaving for China.  I've never loved my driveway so much.  When I got out of the car at 10:30pm, there was a light mist in the air and it smelled heavenly! I could smell worms in the dewy grass!  What a beautiful aroma, and I took about twenty deep breaths.  My Dad looked at me like I had two heads.  I told him I was just breathing in what I've been missing for weeks.  Beijing could never smell like this.

Nevin never woke up. We brought him in the house and laid him on the couch, figuring he would wake up soon.  There were four ogling grandparents adoring him in the living room. I ran upstairs, stealth silent yet frantically fast, to see my kids. They were both fast asleep and angelic and beautiful and perfect and healthy and looked like they grew while I was gone!  I laid gentle and silent kisses on their entire faces while they slept, smelled their hair and said goodnight.  We had missed them beyond words.

I went back downstairs to see my new son, sawing logs on the couch. Family left shortly after, and we watched over our son as he slept until 2:30 am. Then we played with him, and showed him around the house. He was unsure, and never let go of his Mummy until the children woke up. He cried when our 100 pound German Shepherd, Ace, licked his face.  But now, he's grown quite accustomed to him.

He stayed awake all day. Then went down at 4pm and slept straight through until 4am.  Down for a nap at 11:30 until 3:30 and then down for the night at 8pm.  He has shown incredible resiliency, an outstanding sense of humour, his tender and gentle nature, and his need for comfort, trust and attachment.  At this time, I would say his adjustment has been beyond anything I could have dreamed of. Many people have been saying he is so lucky to have us and what a wonderful life we can give him.  I say, we are so lucky to have Nevin, and what a wonderful life he has given us. The same applies to Dylan and Heather. 

Life, here we go again!!!! What a blessed journey!



Look at me!!! First Class, AND Caillou with my own headset? SWEET!

Some of the Proud Grandparents!!! Shhhh...

1 comment:

Christy and Kevin said...

Darcy,
We are so glad we got a chance to meet you guys! I hate we did not get a chance to say good bye! We will have to keep our kiddo's in touch with each other for sure. It looks like Nevin has adjusted well also. Keaton has been a real trooper during all of his travels and now enjoying his extended family! We will be staying at home this week and allowing some family to trickle in for a short visit. We made it home last night at 11 p . It wad so nice to get back to our own home, as you know by now! Keep in touch!

Christy, Kevin & Keaton