Blogging My Way To China!

Enjoy my blog as our family prepares for the arrival of our third child, Nevin Yumeng, from Baotou, Inner Mongolia in the People's Republic of China.



There are 145 million orphans in our world....





Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Canada Day!

It has become tradition for the Campbell Family to head for Little Lake in Midland, Ontario for Canada Day. It is my hometown, a beautiful place that I hold dear to my heart. A place where I gigged at many times in my "younger" years, and now a place my children love to be carefree, swing, slide, run, and burn all their energy.

Today could have only been more perfect if Nevin was home. I thought about him a lot today. Watching my kids have the time of their lives--fearless on air inflated amusement apparatuses- or apparati if you will....the paddle boats, spinning swings, etc.

The weather was just a little cool at times, but the sun was out all day, and it was perfect.

I thoroughly enjoyed my daughter dancing like a little mad fool by the stage while some young rock band belted out some fairly good covers. There is no doubt in my mind my little girl will be drawn to the arts as she grows up, as she loves music and dance at two years of age. Dylan, he loves music as well, but I think that boy will be a talented jock of some sort. Boundless energy, pacey and daring, and naturally talented at most sports type activities. Made me wonder what Nevin's interests will be, what he will love and things he will be drawn to.

The idea this afternoon was to come home, let the kids have a nap, have dinner and head back into town for fireworks. HOWEVER, Dylan was very adamant he would not try to yawn while resting on the couch, and Heather is in her room rearranging furniture and emptying her toy box. So at this point, we aren't certain how this evening will pan out. Other than that, Canada Day has always been about being with the kids, and enjoying our beautiful town and country. Next year, there will be five of us on Canada Day, with even more to celebrate.

A delightful surprise today was bumping into Janet and her two girls from China. She is the friend I mentioned in an earlier post who talked to us about her adoption journey, so it was really special seeing her today. Her girls have grown quite a bit, and her oldest was demonstrating how to make her armpit squeak...talents of a perfectly balanced adopted child! It was delightfully entertaining, to say the least! She was pleased and surprised to learn we are receiving a boy.

Tomorrow I will post about the fireworks. Lets hope it all goes well. As long as there are swings and a slide, these little critters of mine always stymie up the energy to play. I don't know who will sleep more sound tonight-- David and I, or the kids.
Enjoying the paddle boats!!!

No comments: