Blogging My Way To China!

Enjoy my blog as our family prepares for the arrival of our third child, Nevin Yumeng, from Baotou, Inner Mongolia in the People's Republic of China.



There are 145 million orphans in our world....





Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Red Thread Connection Is Extending

A fellow soon-to-be adoptive parent sent me an email through a yahoo group I belong to. Low and behold, she got her referral for an 18 month old girl the very same day we got Nevin's AND from the same orphanage! A lovely discovery indeed! Especially with the notion we may end up meeting each other in Baotou! It means that Nevin and this little girl maybe playmates. I sense I may have a lifetime connection with this family. They are in Florida, so its just a short plane ride...and a wonderful excuse to head south for a vacation in the future! We are connected by the Red Thread...more about that in a later post.

For now, I am diligently organizing my "care pack" to send to Nevin in China, while we wait for our travel date. Its a shoe box filled with a Fisher Price dump truck Dylan picked out, a cute little blue puppy (that I'm sleeping with for a week in the hopes my smell will be attached to it) a plush veterinarian play set complete with dog, cat and vet--all soft rattles, two outfits (that are under my pillow-- again with the scent thing) and a soft photo album with pictures of his family, house, pets, etc. With the limited Mandarin I have learned, I was able to label everything with heart stickers in Mandarin so that his caretakers can read them to him. Mama, baba, gege, jiejie, nainai, jai, etc.... Its given me extra practice...boy I need it! I'll send it off to our Agency on Monday, and they will courier the package to China.

1 comment:

Christy and Kevin said...

It is so exciting to share this experience with other families. Nevin and Keaton are most likely playmates also! As several waiting families blog with each other and possibly travel at the same time it is also a connection for us all to keep our children connected once they are home for years to come.